So you have a Facebook fan page, a Twitter account, LinkedIn and possibly a You Tube Channel for your business. But do you have the latest addition to the social media circuit – a Google+ page for your business? Fear not, for I’ve put together a step by step guide to setting up a page (including some nice screenshots).
So, step 1 – sign in to Google+ using your Gmail account details and create a public Google profile (if you don’t already have one).
Step 2 – once you’ve signed in you’ll have an option to Create a Google+ page
Step 5 – Confirm your info and Create (add a photo or logo if you wish)
Step 6 – Customise your page’s public profile
Step 7 – Tell your circles about this page
Congratulations on creating your Google+ page!
So now that the page has been created, there are various options available to you:
- Start the conversation – post on your page
- Connect your website – get the badge
- Tell the world – this contains the url to your page
- Build your circles
- Google+ Direct Connect – make it easy for users to find your Google+ page from Google Search
- Hangouts – connect directly with your community via live video chats for up to 9 people
- +1 Button to add to your website so that users can recommend your content
So that’s it – enjoy and have fun creating your page. And if you would like to add my page to your circles please do so - https://plus.google.com/107281265844328377086
Once you’ve created your page, please add your link by commenting below. I’d love to add your page to my circles.